Thursday 24 May 2018

Books for the Action Man bookends

I have blogged before about these Action Man bookends which I had at a bargan price (£5). After almost a month they are still in their box, to my great shame. Because I have plenty of books, but they hold very well by themselves and there is no need to the support of bookends. All the same, I want them on display somewhere. They represent a British cultural icon and are the epitome of nostalgia for one, and then it would really give some style to the bookshelves. What I really want to find is books that would fit the nature and look of the bookends. Like adventure novels, for instance, or war stories. I want a whole section of books in between them that is about men of action. Come to think of it, maybe I need to buy new books.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, indeed they must be action / adventure / war books. Bookends like that can't hold up books on gardening or self-help or wussy stuff like that.