Tuesday 18 July 2017

Here comes the storm

Well, it is here at last! As I am typing this (albeit it has calmed down since I started) and for the last hour or so there has been thunder, lightning, pouring rain, the whole thing. A proper storm. A proper summer storm, even. The real McCoy. I had stopped hoping for it. I love thunderstorms, one of the things I have always loved about summer, even as a child, when I was never scared of them, as far as I can remember. There might have been some earlier in the season, but I was unaware of them so they must have been very small. But that was the real thing and I experienced it fully. A good storm never gets old.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

oh how i love a good thunderstorm. when we were kids we would put our swim suits on and play in the rain.

Magic Love Crow said...

I love thunderstorms too!