Friday 14 July 2017

Hake (and mushrooms?)

I hope nobody minds a foodie blog post tonight. I am not really a food snob, but sometimes I make discoveries which surprise even myself. This was the case a few years ago, back in 2014 or so. I had this meal in a pub called the Royal Oak (nice name). The food there is usually delicious, albeit the portions are often desperately frugal. This was the case for this meal. But this is not what was surprising. As I often do, I ordered fish, in this case hake. Underneath, there were roasted potatoes, some green stuff and... mushrooms. I usually dislike mushrooms. I only enjoy them in rare occasions. This was one of them. I have no idea why but they tasted delicious. So I want to go back to the Royal Oak and make new gastronomical discoveries.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love hake, especially corned hake. and mushrooms are one of my favorites though they must be cooked correctly.