Monday 3 July 2017

Another first day at the office

Well, it finally arrived, the day I was expecting and dreading at the same time: first day in my new job. I had slept little the night before, dreading anything and everything, but in the end the commute went fine, they had not changed their mind and well, it all went well. I survived my first day at the office. It was an easy enough induction, as I have as much to teach them to the service they want to build as they have to teach me about the company. And it is a small company of a dozen of employees or so, so it's a nice contrast from where I used to work before, an international corporation. I needed this change of air and of pace. Luckily enough they all seem pleasant so far. All I need to do now is remember all the names. As for the rest, I will slowly settle in. For the record, I found the tea mug I was looking for to make it my "work" mug. It's an old mug I had completely forgotten. There are more things I am planning to bring to feel at home at my desk there, but the mug is a start.

2 comments:

Ms Misantropia said...

Best of luck on the new job! I know how you feel, since I only started my new job a couple of months ago.
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog, but I don't have any plans to show my old posts as of now :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like you're off to a good start! Personally, I've always preferred working in a smaller workplace than in a large one.