Wednesday 5 July 2017

A Vision of Battlements

To celebrate the 100th anniversary of Anthony Burgess, his very first novel, A Vision of Battlements, has been re-edited, among other works, in hardcover. Which means that I will have it asap. I don't know when I will read it exactly, but it would be fitting to read it this year. I have always been curious about it. His first novel means, in a way, his literary birth, or his first literary child. Emulating James Joyce (Burgess' favourite writer) A Vision is a rewriting of The Aeneid, which I read, but decades ago. So I wonder if I should not revisit the epic poem first, or have it at hand here as a work of reference. In any case, I encourage you to cease the opportunity to buy it and discover it like me. And here is a promotional video, which gives you a foretaste of the work:

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

one of the blog tech's favorite authors!