Thursday 9 February 2017

Tea, Trains and Survival

I took this picture at the National Railway Museum of York. I have no idea if this is a coffee or a tea kettle, but let's say it is a tea kettle for tonight's post. It illustrates my state of mind. I function almost exclusively on tea on a daily basis, it is the fuel that makes me function and survive at my job. And I recently learned that the work offices will move in a few months to the other side of town. Which means to me a longer train commute, which will be one station longer. It looks like nothing, but it also means the addition of a shuttle journey and therefore I might have to take an earlier train. I might also get home a bit later. I cannot complain: I have been having for about seven years the ideal commute. And I have been through far worse. But that means more tea...

No comments: