Wednesday 7 December 2016

A robin in the cold

I recently saw a robin in the morning, near the pathway on my way to the train station from home. A robin just like you see in Christmas cards and decorations and imagery. The only thing missing was the snow, but there was plenty of frost to make up for it. It felt very much like a sign of Christmas coming. Sadly I could not take a picture of it, not with the camera on my phone, which is slow, and the robin was as swift as it was shy, so I it quickly disappeared in the frozen shrubbery. So instead, I decided to accompany this post with a picture of the very first Christmas tree decoration we bought my wife and I. Which is a snowy log with... a robin on it. I hope I can soon see a real one again, on real snow.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

What a beautiful ornament! Our robins usually leave for winter!