Monday 20 January 2014

A Montreal moment

I had lunch at the Binerie Mont-Royal today. It has been a long time. Apart from the food, which was delicious (more on it on another blog), I enjoyed talking to the clients and staff. There were a few people, including two originating from Toronto, an artist woman and a blue collar guy, the woman addicted to the French toasts (she said this to the owner), and the other who had just discovered the place and was loving it. There was also an old lady who came to buy some beans and a sugar pie. I found it quite funny, as I am no more a Montrealer, but they all talked to me as if I was a regular. In a way, I was a Montrealer again, for an hour or so. So I cherished this moment. But the owner did not call me young man, sadly, as I used to be called there, back in the 90s. It was still a perfect moment.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh well, just be thankful he didn't call you "old man." Everything's relative!

Louise said...

Sourire!
Bonjour chez vous!

Guillaume said...

@Debra-Wise words my friend. I should not complain, you are right.
@Loulou-Merci!